Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Divergent Series 03 - Allegiant by Veronica Roth

http://www.amazon.com/Allegiant-Divergent-Series-Veronica-Roth/dp/006202406X


Alright, Ms Veronica has made a point to articulate how well the Divergent series ended. Without a doubt many has written a Love-Hate relationship towards this series. It's either plagiarism towards "the Hunger Games" series or the ending really did suck. I, for one thing, enjoyed the last book thoroughly. I could not conclude whether I love it or hate it because to me, this series is firmly pronouncing your journey with them. 

Ever since we are being conveyed on how each individual factions behavior are like in the first book, you know that somehow these sort of world building is creating an illusion of luring you deep into their world. Knowing them, feeling for them, understanding them... Insurgent is practically telling you that all these people in this place meant businesses and relationships are developing, betrayals are prominent and power crazy mentality has already creep into the plot.

What you will be reading is the usual essence of our daily routine in schools, working relationship in the market place, world of business betrayal, crime violence...etc. It still exist til today and it is nothing new!!! We are eventually being sucked into the plot because we are able to relate to all these elements and characters that Ms Veronica has once acquaint us with from the beginning. Nothing new. Now, that's a smart move.

When comes to the third and final book, the plot has a sick twist which I was able to guessed it before I've started reading it. But still, at the back of my mind I would like to know how this series ends. I can't say I'm spoiling it too much but how Ms Veronica ends it is really feasible and relevant to the real world. I don't care how much you would like to treat this book as a YA genre or a Dystopian genre, the author knows how to end it with such human depths in relation to the real world. 

How one person has to go through such grieve with grace was very very well written. I enjoyed it as much as the next person would hate it. So, in my opinion, this is a worthy thumbs up to Ms Veronica.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 

 Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment