Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Archived Series 02 - The Unbound by Victoria Schwab

http://www.bookdepository.com/Unbound-Victoria-Schwab/9781423178200/?a_aid=jbblkh


You know what they say about a book sequel? Trust me, this book did not disappoint at all. I was hesitated to pick this one up but I didn't realize the plot was intriguingly captivating. Victoria Schwab, a master storyteller of it's own in the YA Fantasy genre never ceased to fail many of her readers. I must say, she's got me all shook up when it was beginning to turn messy!

Mackenzie Bishop, she made me so frustrated all the time when she's hiding a secret that PLEADS a lending hand from any trusted party. The problem with her is that she doesn't trust anyone. Many of whom that she knows are giving (throwing is more likely) themselves to help her, she went solo. In the end... You've got to read this book. I'm not gonna tell you! Shoo! Go!

We are being introduced with many of her peers in this new school where her parents think that it's a good change for such a traumatic events that they've all been through. Nevertheless, comical moments were still present in their day-to-day school lives. Chemistry of friendship and love were subtle, however it leaves the reader tingly for wanting more. However, I have come to realize that Lindsey was mentioned in the beginning and was missing towards the rest of 3 quarters of the book. Funny! (She's not much of a significance I guess... Sidelined!!!!)

Many gripping moments and a sense of violence was there. It has brought The Archived series to a whole new level. I thought we are gonna stick to PG until a snap! Literally cringe worthy til my spine went numb. Interrogations were bad, slamming and fighting were really well-written! I guess I have to say, everyone who's in the verge of giving up the YA genre, give this a go! You might want to re-consider of giving the YA genre another chance after this. I know I did.

Ratings: 5 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment