Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Heir Chronicles 03 - The Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

http://www.bookdepository.com/Dragon-Heir-Cinda-Williams-Chima/9781780620534/?a_aid=jbblkh

I was a little surprise that I took longer than usual to finish this book. The book is fast pace and I didn't get into it as much as the first 2 books. Maybe my mind was per-occupied with work and I can't get in to the mood of reading for the past few weeks. I hope to get into it.

We are back with all the characters that we were being introduced from the 2 books and most of them are playing a more prominent role in this book. Each of them has a task to protect Trinity.

As Chima's usual way of plotting the twist at the end of the book by telling us who the Dragon heir would be. There will be death to some of our favorable characters in the series. And it works! We might missed them but it works.

There are really some funny moments:-


"Next thing you know, they'll break into a chorus of "Kumbaya", Jason thought, drumming his fingers on the table."

"Longbranch's eyes glittered with irritation. "Let me be plain. Give us the Dragonheart, and you will rule the guilds alongside us. Refuse, and we will destroy this town and everything and everyone in it. Down to the smallest child and family pet." So much for "Kumbaya", Jason thought. 

It was during their negotiation on how to work together as all guilds came along together. Running Jason's thought really cracks me up.

It ends abruptly with stories of Linda and Hasting being left hanging. I want to know more on what were their true purposes are in Raven's Ghyll.

Ratings: 4 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment