Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Rithmatist 01 - The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson


Wow, Brandon has done it again! This is one of Brandon's Young Adult fantasy genre and it is still delivers! I've started reading this book just by knowing that Rithmatist are people with power to bring life into chalk drawings. I know nothing on plot wise, and it still it didn't fail to make me want to know who the ultimate villain is.

Just before I continue with the rest of my review, here's one quote that makes me really puzzled.

His mother's hand froze, chopsticks in her spaghetti, motionless.

What?! 

This is weird?! Is this not weird? Tell me it's weird.

Honestly, this is like the weirdest way of eating spaghetti. I did not disagree but I just find it weird that's all. Now, don't get me started with folks using fork to eat rice. I'm an Asian and I can't stand seeing people using fork picking up their rice! Use the spoon, goon! Pet peeves 101!

Back to the book! We are being introduced with Joel and Melody. They both play a wonderful partner in this and it was fun with Joel's longing to be a Rithmatist and Melody's weird sense of humour and character.

Sudden attack! Mysteries on different types of lines were being identified. Suspicious new people lurking around the campus. What can be more exciting when magic is in place? None other than Brandon who creates such an atmosphere within the United of Isles (aka United States of America that breaks into the form of island).

It got me irritated that this book is not a standalone! I need the 2nd one now! Many characters has been well-developed and he just can't leave us hanging like this! It's not fair!

Ratings: 5 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment