Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Mistborn Series 3.5 - Secret History by Brandon Sanderson


Now this was a big surprise to many of Sanderson's fans. Especially for those who's closely following the Cosmere universe. I have not venture "The Stormlight Archive" series since the current print has only 2 books out of 10, my take would be, taking my time with that series since they are humongous-ly intimidating.

Note: Brandon's suggested to read this ONLY after reading "The Bands of Mourning". (I would highly agree with this suggestion due to certain happenings in that book itself)

Do I consider this as a novella? I would say that it's a companion of what's the real behind-the-scene of the Final Empire trilogy. There were many "AHA!" moments which made readers go, "This makes much more sense rather than being left unexplained throughout the course of the Mistborn series." (Mind you, the original Mistborn series is very well thought off but there were some being left unexplained). It will definitely cross-over to the Wax & Wayne story whereby the development of how it all happens even though it has been 300 years later.

I don't think I am able to further breakdown this review without spoiling anything. This book itself is bringing us closer to "The Cosmere" universe and we definitely still want more. Should I be reading "Elantris" next? I don't know but it seems to have a certain connection to it.

Ratings: 5 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment