Thursday, May 22, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Series 01 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Peregrines-Home-Peculiar-Children/dp/1594746036

I have to agree with many that told me this book is great but they forgot to tell me that the plot was fantastic! Holy schmucks! I mean, by looking at the cover, one might think that this book is a horror genre. It's NOT a horror genre at all, it's mystical, it's magical, it's weird (in a good way), it's... I don't know how... It's PECULIAR!!!

Mr Riggs just open doors for something so extraordinary with great placements of the plot. Characters are very well introduced. Pictures were authentic and the book was filled with great humour elements. It is really funny when times that are just not meant to be! It's definitely spot on... 

There were moments where you are pumping an adrenaline during a chase, Ransom would just throw in some jokes by catching you off-guard. It's really really good.

There's one thing that's bothering me a little bit was how each chapter stretched on for so long. I know that it's a continuous flow but however, a breather would be nicer when it comes to reading books like this. Since it's going to be a pumped up storyline with chasing and all, I would prefer each chapter to give me some breathing space. 

Writing style is really really good and its not boring. Also, I'm learning new words while I'm reading this book. Seriously, there were new vocabularies used and this I will call reading a book with learning elements in it. I'm impressed!!!

Hollow City is next!!! And I just realized that this book is gonna have a movie adaptation to it. How cool is that? If the movie has done right, this is gonna be a new movie cult for a different sets of viewership. It's gonna be fun!

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment