Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Series of Unfortunate Events 01 - The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket


It's a start of a great series. Great relationship between the siblings. Violet, Klaus & Sunny are brilliant with their own special abilities. Although the antagonist is Count Olaf, I would like to read more of who Count Olaf is. More of his background. More of his plan to get hold of the Baudelaire's inheritance.

In regards with the author's writing, I like how the author interacts with his readers while one is reading this book. Moreover, I too like how the author define some difficult words for his readers. He is literally encouraging Middle Grade to read and learn at the same time! It is really a good way of imparting vocabulary 101 session for his readers. (Including me!... Shhh!!!)

Overall, it is a wonderful read. I will definitely go on with the series! #WLGYLemony

Ratings: 4.75 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment