Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Series of Unfortunate Events 11 -The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket

http://www.bookdepository.com/Grim-Grot-HB-11-Lemony-Snicket/9780064410144/?a_aid=jbblkh

This would be my least favorite book of all in the series. It progresses with a lot of ramblings instead of focusing on the main plot. I know I did not enjoy this one as much as the others, however towards the end, there was a slight twist in which I kinda bump my ratings up just for that. Yes, my initial rating was suppose to be 2 stars. I did not hate this book per se but it kinda drags on for me.

No offense to many readers who enjoys this series, but I find this book has too much rambling going on, especially on the water cycle and others. I get that this book is aiming towards the middle graders or the younger ones but the metaphor description is just a tad bit too much for me, considering this is the 11th book in the series.

I sense that this series is the near the end, and I find that the author is taking his time to end the series with a slight struggle to drag on. I might be wrong but I think that's how I felt while I was reading it. Lastly, I think it is still a good book for kids who enjoys some good mysteries fun with new characters.

Ratings: 3 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment