Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Series of Unfortunate Events 12 - The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket


Now, I finally felt the series is heading some where. There's a twist with something that the Baudelaire did which I'm liking it. I guess the explanation of phrases and words are a little bit of a stretched towards the adult readers. 

Although, it is still a good platform for the younger ones to read with a ton of new jargon to learn from but then again, I have realized that there is a repetitive trend in certain chapters of the book. It really bump me out while I'm reading. In lieu with that, I've been skimming through the series practically from Book 8 or 9 on wards.

I really do not know whether I will get myself blown away by the end of the whole series. Seriously, the author himself has already preempt us from the very beginning. So, I would be expecting something not as solid as what it should turn out to be. The ending, I mean.

C'est La Vie!

Ratings: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment