Monday, June 2, 2014

Aku Tak Peduli by Zulkiflee Anwar Haque (Translate: I Don't Care) - Poetry


Hi guys,

I really love this poem by Zunar the cartoonist. A little of what our country is currently facing: There is a major political turmoil where many happenings are unjust to the society and is creating a lot of disharmony among the people of the nation.

Here is a rough translation of the Poem:

*****************************************************
I Don't Care
I Don't Care if you're an Islam or a Christian
I Don't Care if you're a Hindu or a Buddhist or believe in other religions
I Don't Care if you are a freethinker

I Don't Care if you're a Malay, an Indian or a Chinese
I Don't Care if you're an Iban, a Kadazan or a Murut or other race
I Don't Care what/which race you are

I Don't Care what type of clothing you're wearing
I Don't Care what your education qualification is
I Don't Care what your occupation is

I Don't Care about your sexuality
I Don't Care about your skin colour
I Don't Care what chocolate you're eating
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you are fighting against unjust ruler
Then, you are my brother/sister.

By Zunar, May 2014

*******************************************************


Ref: Original posted by Zunar Facebook
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment