Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Jason Bourne Series 01 - The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum

http://www.bookdepository.com/Bourne-Identity-Robert-Ludlum/9780752858548/?a_aid=jbblkh

I have to admit, I have read this book longer than usual. I was trapped under this reading slump I never thought I had. And for that, I blamed it all on my work! Honestly, this book is so fast pace that I didn't know I needed a good amount of time of what Ludlum is trying to convey.

Then again, excuse my French, I do not know crap about the French language and there were so much of it in this book. Ergh! Eventually, I was so frustrated by forcing myself to use Google Translator just to make myself understand what the heck is going on during my reading time! How embarrassing!

Writing
Ludlum has a special way of writing that I wasn't really used to. I've read crime thrillers before and his style was quite daunting due to the fact that there so many dialogues and they were not named. Sometimes, you'll have to figure out who's talking while you're reading it too fast. I kinda got lost with the dialogue and started counting! Now that's hard!

Plot
My credit goes to the plot! Seriously! The anticipation, the curiosity & the build-ups were all paid off! I was not disappointed at all. It was so fast to the point, it got me all shocked and confused and shocked again when the truth has been revealed.

I truly enjoyed the epic ending. Masterpiece of it's own. I am taking a break from Marseilles, Zurich, Paris & New York. I've been doing a lot of traveling with these characters in the book. I'll definitely get hold of the 2nd and 3rd book of the original Bourne series trilogy.

Ratings: 4.2 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment