Friday, January 8, 2016

A Series of Unfortunate Events 13 - The End by Lemony Snicket


It's the very end of the series. Honestly, I felt a little let down when I know that was how the whole series ended. There were so many things left hanging which made me kinda bump out knowing that I have invested so much time reading the whole series. However, I did like the pacing of the book. The plot was much more interesting than the last few books. It wasn't as draggy and it didn't feel that you're approaching the very end of the series.

Many thinks, as a reader, were left unexplained. I kinda sense it from the how the way the author was approaching the end. True, in reality, many things happened were left unexplained but this is a middle grade book and the target audience are the kids. Shouldn't the story line brightens up a little hint on how all the unfortunate events happened for a reason?

Was I happy that I have finished the series?
Yes.

Was I happy with the writing style?
I'm okay except for the rambling.

Was I happy with the ending?
Nope.

Was I happy with the plot?
Honestly, it was really interesting.

Lastly, what shocks me was when Lemony Snicket recites a poem by Charles Baudelaire. Now, this is the kind of shocked factor I would like from reading a book. It doesn't make much sense but then it has some contributing element into the plot.

Overall, this is only my own opinion and no one else's. You might like it or you might love it or you might hate it.

Ratings: 3 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment