Sunday, January 24, 2016

Book To Movie Review 06: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (2004)


Alright, here me out, I did not like this movie as much as the book. You know I know how much books adaptation movies are when it comes to details.

Dursleys
It has so many comedic elements in this portion of the book and I can't imagine is has taken a big portion out. It has so much elements on how the British scorns, despise and to abhor a person with so much hatred in their words and eyes. Harry has grown and how he manages to threatens Uncle Vernon is one way to see how much he can manage him instead of how they ill-treated him all the whole dang time!

Quidditch
Now, I was a little disappointed that the whole show, we only have 1 game. It has 3 games in the book and the house points will be gathered. In addition, there were moments of the book by introducing a so-called infatuation between Harry and Cho-Chang, which in turn to build it up in the for the 4th movie with a smoother transition.

Also, the Firebolt was given to him during the 2nd game in the book! However, the Firebolt was diverted to the end of the scene! Why!!?? I literally can't wait to see the jealous rage on Malfoy in this. Big disappointment!

House Points
In lieu with the Quidditch rant above, they literally have neglected the whole house points system in the movie like how the first one do. I know that Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were truly celebrating for Gryffindor but I have never see how Slytherin always sulk in the movie version. Come on!

Sirius Black
Now this, I was anticipating a flashback shot for this. I was really yearning to see how much flashback they could spend on telling the backstory of Lily and James Potter with the rest of the marauder map's creators. This was largely a huge bit to further explore the identity of Harry Potter. It was only conveyed verbally in through conversations in the movie. Short conversations.

Don't get me wrong, this is how I feel what the movie has to offer. In the end, I like how the movie flows in a special way because no matter how, this is still a book-to-movie adaptation and I can foresee more to be taken off from the movie for the upcoming ones because the books are getting thicker and movie's duration can only be that few hours.

Ratings: 2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment