Monday, August 11, 2014

Bro Don't Like That La Bro 02: Back To School by Ernest Ng


http://dontlikethatbrobook.blogspot.com/p/about-book.html

Well, well, well... I didn't expect the second book to be published much sooner than I thought! Of course, I couldn't resist although please be prepared as the cover already said "Origins: Back to school". So, it's like history class with comics.

I love how nostalgic it rekindles me while I was reading this book. I can't guarantee whether this bunch are from the 80s, but daaayum... it has brought me back to the hay days of truancy, making friends, consuming weird snacks, traditional games, games that were from our creative minds, and do we really care what's illegal? Spot on!

With this quote, I think this guy can be my best friend: 
"I just like to promote sleep a lot. Sleep is good. Whoever tells  you otherwise is not your friend." -- Now that's a fantastic quote!!!

If you have followed the author's (Ernest Ng) blog, he came up with this topic by popular demand from his fan base on how the Bros actually met each other. I like to highlight that this book has tone down it's humour aspects as to compare with his first. There is a reason.

Be mindful, the author is introducing how each and every individual came to know each other. It is a gradual process on character building, world building...etc. If you guys read Fantasy books, it has a larger scale than this, and he did a fine job in introducing us to them (not to mention, via comic strips).

(One might say,"Ahhh... This is how they came about la..." or "So, this is how the education system works in Malaysia one la...") Read it with that mindset, I can assure you that you will have a great time knowing how the Bros became who they are today.

So, to conclude, I'm expecting a 3rd might be out soon based on my amateur analysis on how the author is publishing his books (I might be wrong):

 

Lastly, pick it up! It's still a fun read. Support la wei...

Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment