Monday, August 4, 2014

The Heir Chronicles 01 - The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

Booksplosion Read-Along for the month - July - #6



What can I say? It's a start of an urban fantasy series. Moreover, it's targeted to the YA audience which I'm all for it. Many said that the world building is slow but I think it is a fairly well written introduction which doesn't really drag on at all. I liked it!

So far, I've tried other Epic/High fantasy books which has a larger scale in it's detailed world development which includes introduction on characters, types of races,  political system, economy situation, magic system... etc. which you are able to gage how well an author is able to articulate by not boring their readers. And this book does not bore and it delivers!

The plot was very well thought off which keeps the pacing going. Interestingly, some of the chapters kinda gets into a quick fast pace read when some of the adrenaline action scene takes place. The magic wasn't overly done, which seems a like a gentle whispers during spells or charms are being cast. I like it even more!

It's a great start of the series and I can't wait to dive into the next one. The last book in the series will be out by October 2014. I might just marathon these 4 books until it reaches the 5th during the release.

If anyone is keen on starting a fantasy genre, I would say that this is a great kick-start to venture into the fantasy world. Moreover, it's an urban fantasy settings, so, it would be much easier to relate.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Links

No comments:

Post a Comment