Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Booksplosion Read-Along for the month - August - #7
http://www.bookdepository.com/Night-Circus-Erin-Morgenstern/9780385534635/?a_aid=jbblkh

What have I just read? Wow!!! It was an unexpected fulfilling ending. I was drawn at the very first page as it has grabbed me both as a reader and a circus goer. I was really confuse when Erin uses "You" on the first page and I was kinda caught by surprise because I have never thought of becoming part of the curious crowd when "The circus arrives without warning". Yowzaaaa!!!

There are feels that I can't even fathom of putting it down into words. It's intriguing, stunning, thrilling, mysteriously dark, magical... to name a few. I did not expect such a plot profoundly thought off especially when there's this word "Circus" in the book title. I was wrong! Dead wrong. Descriptions are poetically written with so many new words that represents exactly what it really means in that situation, the scenarios or circumstances!

This book has written with numerous POVs. Now, I didn't find it confusing. However, it has reaches to a certain level of notching it up by including a back and forth timeline with these POVs without confusion! Now that is excellent writing!!!

What I really love is how dreamy and magical it all stands out. Yes, I know there are many books with great magic but this has a different kind of magic which this book has to offer. I was so caught up with the premise when the magic starts. I was literally drawn into a world of illusions and dreams as what the book has intended it to be.

Truth unfolds, it ends with a slight yearning of wanting to know more about the future of certain characters but it has to end it the way this book was meant to end. With that conclusion, I have realized that I was brought into a whole new dimension of "The Night Circus". Bravo!

Ratings: 5 out of 5 stars

Goodreads Review Link

No comments:

Post a Comment