Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Book To Movie Review 03: The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum (2002)



I have took up the courage by watching the movie after reading the book. All I could say is that, the movie has little to do with the book. So much so that I didn't expect and wanted to give up watching. The plot of the movie is actually the backbone of the book. Some of the characters are being exposed in the movie and the book has not! Now, my initial thoughts would be whether I should have watch the movie instead?

Pacing was good and fast. It really drives up the adrenaline while watching the movie. Now, with such intensity, Matt Damon did put on a very good performance as Jason Bourne. His acting skills never seems to fail each time he is in any movie.

I was a little disappointed by the fact that the movie does not follow very closely with the book. Some given excuse might be book to movie conversion but it's not. There's a slight change in characters and plot. Certain characters were created for movie purposes and most of it were dropped from the book. I don't know whether it's for the best but I think the movie does delivers.

The end of the movie shows you who the real villain is and the book did not! I'm regretting my actions now by watching the movie before reading the 2nd and 3rd installment of the book. Shall I continue reading then? Hmm... Ponder ponder...

Ratings: 3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment